Diners get involved
Eyes bigger than your stomach? Can’t clean your plate? SRA research suggests 83% of us would like to take leftovers home but don’t think we can or are too embarrassed to ask. See what avid diner and restaurant critic Giles Coren has to say about this here.
Last year the SRA started a campaign with one simple goal: to make asking for a doggy box an everyday part of the dining experience. To kick-start this initiative the SRA gave away 25,000 doggy boxes to participating restaurants. Since then these restaurants have remained committed to reducing food waste by making sure customers are aware that they can take their leftovers home with them. So when you see the Too Good To Waste sticker in the window or on the menu of any of these restaurants, you needn’t feel embarrassed to ask to take home your leftovers.
And there’s more you can do…
1. Think portion size. Perhaps order a couple of starters in place of a main.
2. Eat at restaurants that support the Too Good To Waste campaign or SRA member restaurants. Use our interactive map to locate supporting restaurants
3. Send us your favourite leftovers recipes – with photos
4. Tell us about the restaurants you’d like to see getting behind the campaign
5. Become a ‘Friend of the SRA’
6. If you have any bright ideas or stories about how to manage food waste, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember to Think Inside the Box!